On our way to Szentendre we will pass Roman ruins from the 1st and 2nd centuries.
During this 4-hour tour you can get to know the tiny picturesque town on the side of the River Danube founded in the Middle Ages. But it received its present day form in the 17th centure when the Serbs fleeing from Serbia settled here. While the layout of the town has not been changed since the Middle Ages, the houses recall the Serbian Golden Age.
Along the cobbled narrow streets many many shops, galleries, cafés, patisseries and restaurants await the visitors with wide selection.
Must-sees in Szentendre:
- Mikrominiature Museum where the artworks of a Ukrain artist are not visible to naked eye just through microscope
- Kovács Margit Museum with the collection of one of the most famous Hungarian ceramist
- Blagovestenska Greek Ortodox Church built 260 years ago with a beautiful iconostasis
- Marzipan Museum where everything is made of marzipan
- Christmas Shop and Museum
- St John Roman Catholic Church with the speciality of the sanctuary where biblical scenes can be seen with the backround of Szentendre as Jesus would have lived here.
Driving by minivan, tour guide and driver are included.
Lunch is available but not included.